- Graphs and charts are inaccessible to screen reader users.
- Large data sets with undefined parameters are not accessible to blind users, low vision users or users with cognitive impairments.
- External data sources may be inaccessible to screen reader users.
- Use clear and meaningful row and column labels.
- Create and/or provide an electronic document listing any relevant formulas and/or macros.
- Provide text-based alternatives for charts and graphical data.
- Provide descriptions of charts and graphs in the comment area.
- Highlight important cells in data sets to aid users with learning/cognitive impairments locate relevant data.
- Define the parameters for datasets (e.g., lowest and highest values, rows/columns that define the limits of the dataset).
- Use clear and specific language to identify cells, cell values, and other relevant information when presenting Excel spreadsheets and/or data.
- Use clear and specific language to describe charts and graphs.