Rupesh Silwal Visiting Assistant Professor of Physics and Engineering
Ph.D. in Experimental Particle Physics - University of Virginia
B.A. - Lawrence University
Low Energy Standard Model Tests, Nuclear Structure
Currently working on QWEAK and MOLLER at the Laboratory of Nuclear Physics at MIT. QWEAK aims to measure the Weak charge of the proton with enough precision to provide for a stringent test of the Standard Model of physics; MOLLER is an ultra-precise version of QWEAK.
- T. Allison et al. [QWEAK Collaboration], The QWEAK Experimental Apparatus, Nucl. Instrum. Meth. A781 (2015) 105-133.
- D. Wang et al. [PVDIS Collaboration], Measurement of Parity Violation in electron-quark scattering, Nature, 506, 67 (2014).
- D. Androic et al. [QWEAK Collaboration], First Determination of the Weak Charge of the Proton, Phys. Rev. Lett. 111, 141803 (2013).
- C. J. Horowitz et al., Weak Charge Form Factor and Radius of 208Pb Through Parity-Violation in Electron Scattering, Phys. Rev. C 85, 032501(R) (2012).
- S. Abrahamyan et al. [PREX Collaboration], Measurement of the Neutron Radius of 208Pb through Parity-Violation in Electron Scattering, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 112502 (2012).
- Z. Ahmed et al. [HAPPEX Collaboration], New Precision Limit on the Strange Vector Form Factors of the Proton, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108 102001 (2012).