Dining Policies and Schedule for 2017-2018
All meal plans will be billed in two segments: Fall Term and Winter/Spring Term. You will be billed Winter/Spring Term for the plan you hold on the billing deadline of November 5th.
You may change your meal plan through 4:00 pm Friday September 15th, for Fall Term and 4:00 pm Friday January 19th, for Winter/Spring Term. Changes or cancellations made after these dates will be assessed a $25 administrative fee.
A special feature of all meal plans is that they include an additional 10% discount off the published meal rates in the Marketplace when using Dining Dollars or Food Flex.
Meal Plan Dining Dollars must be used each semester. They will not carry over from Fall to Winter/Spring.
Campus Connection Food Flex may be carried over from Fall to Winter/Spring but must be spent by the end of the academic year (in accordance with state law).
No refunds can be given at the end of the academic year unless you are off campus during Spring Term (Spring Option), in which case you will be refunded Spring Term fees including Campus Connection Food Flex. Spring Term Option students should email email@example.com to initiate this process.
If you hold a meal plan, you may add tax-exempt Food Flex Dollars to your plan in $25 increments at any point during the academic year. If you leave school on an approved leave after the term has begun, you will receive a refund for the unspent balance.
The Continuous Dining Plan permits the holder unlimited access to the Marketplace during normal operating hours. Holders may use a Marketplace meal in Café 77 or the UDH Fieldside restaurant if they miss the dinner hour.
All Upper Division Meal Plans (20, 15, 10, 7, & 2) allow for meal exchange at any time in any retail facilities, in addition to the normal Marketplace (or Sorority) dining room. Breakfast meals will be exchanged at a rate of $6. Brunch, lunch, and dinner will be exchanged at a value of $7.50. Meal exchanges are valid for scratch-made or bulk-dispensed products. Commercially pre-packaged items such as bottled beverages, candy bars, etc. are not eligible for purchase under meal exchange.
Fall Meal Plan
- Fall Meal Plan Begins: Sunday, September 3, 2017 with brunch.
- Thanksgiving Break: Meals will end after dinner on Friday, November 17, 2017, and resume with dinner on Sunday, November 26, 2017.
- Fall Meal Plan Ends: After dinner on the last day of finals, Friday, December 15, 2017.
Spring Meal Plan
- Spring Meal Plan Begins: Dinner at 5:00 pm on Sunday, January 7, 2018.
- February Break: Meals will end after dinner on Friday, February 16, 2018, and resume with dinner on Sunday, February 25, 2018.
- Spring Break: Meals will end after dinner on Friday, April 13, 2018, and resume with dinner on Sunday, April 22, 2018.
- Spring Meal Plan Ends: After dinner on the last day of finals, Monday, May 21, 2018.
Virginia Law does not permit refunds of unused portions of your flex plans or your Food Flex Dollars. You should use all funds by the end of the academic year. Refunds for Spring Term Abroad will be prorated.