Add your Event to the University Calendar and Create a Campus Notice
Adding your event to the University's master calendar online offers several benefits:
- People looking at the calendar and reading campus notices will see your upcoming event
- Choosing a Primary Calendar and additional related calendars for your event will feed the event onto various websites across campus.
- Checking the "Nominate as Featured" box allows you to nominate your event for inclusion on the University homepage.
- Creating a calendar event makes creating a corresponding campus notice easy - and vice versa.
- Read our handy instructions for Creating an Event
Notify Local Media*
* For public events only
If you wish for your event to appear in the Lexington News-Gazette, contact Julie Cline in the Office of Communications and Public Affairs. The deadline for inclusion in the weekly Wednesday paper is Friday of the previous week. Early submission will help to guarantee inclusion in the desired issue. Please allow at least 7-10 business days prior to the deadline for the News Office to complete a press release.
If you would like assistance with creating a poster or flier to advertise your event, fill out a General Publications Request Ticket on the Communications Tracking Form, or contact Cindy Lawson in the Publications Office. Design services are free, but we will need a billing code for any related printing costs.
Arrange Social Media Coverage
The Web Communications department oversees W&L's social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Tumblr and other popular social media platforms for wlunews (University news) and works with a team of students on wluLex (News for the W&L community in Lexington) platforms. Contact Jamie Goodin in Web Communications for help in determining how to best get the word out using social media.
Document Your Event
The Office of Communications and Public Affairs also offers photography and videography services for events which fall within our established guidelines. To inquire about booking a University Photographer or Videographer, please fill out a Photography Request Ticket or a Videography Request Ticket on the Communications Tracking Form.