Christian graduated cum laude from Washington and Lee University with a BS in Business Administration and a BA in Politics. He is currently a Product Solutions Manager at Facebook's headquarters in Menlo Park, CA leading initiatives across trust and safety, ads delivery, and advertiser tools.
Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
Explore careers in the STEM industries by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
A career in STEM often requires you to create a scientific resume which can highlight areas such as research skills and presentations. Check out scientific resume examples on LexLink in the resource library.
- ALL ACAD - Jobs, internships, & grants in research and industry for academics
- Careers in Food & Beverage Industry
- CSIIP - Commonwealth STEM Industry Internship Program for internships in Virginia
- Dept of Defense - Scholarships
- Dept of Energy - Fellowships, internships and mentoring in STEM
- Dept of Health and Human Services
- HHMI - Research-based jobs
- IntelligenceCareers.gov - New website for candidates interested in internships and full-time jobs in the intelligence community (Defense Intelligence Agency, National Security Agency, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Office of the Director of National Intelligence). Site hosts Job Exploration Tool in addition to postings. Security clearances can take up to 12 months - apply in the spring (2018) for the summer after next (2019). Juniors can apply for full-time positions starting after graduation.
- National Academy of Sciences
- NIH - National Institute of Health jobs and internships
- ORISE - The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) administers a variety of internship programs for undergraduate students at national laboratories and other federal research facilities across the United States.
- Pathways to Science
- Research Experience for Undergrads by NSF - National Science Foundation funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students through its REU Sites program. An REU Site consists of a group of ten or so undergraduates who work in the research programs of the host institution.
- Science Careers
- Science in Government
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Surgeon General
- Zintellect - Listings of internships, experiential learning opportunities, academic fellowships and scholarships funded by government and private sector organizations.
- Women in Technology and Science - WITS combats the societal idea that only boys should be pushed to excel in math and science. Our mission is to encourage young women to pursue science and technology by giving girls from local middle and elementary schools an opportunity to perform science experiments from all disciplines during the school year. WITS provides the women of Washington and Lee an outlet to become involved in the community in a valuable and meaningful way.
Alumni to Know
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with professionals. Below are alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource to you. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.
To learn about and network with more alumni in the industry, visit the WLUalum Twitter!