Health and Human Services
Explore careers in health and human services by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment via Handshake with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
A career involving health and human services often requires you to have a scientific resume or curriculum vitae. Check out examples of both on Handshake in the resource library.
Social Work & Counseling
- American Psychology Association
- CEI Internship Book - Internships with community and social services agencies
- Coalition on Human Needs - Jobs and internships in social fields
- Jobs in Therapy - Jobs in therapy by discipline
- Miracle Workers - A division of CareerBuilder which connects employers to the top talent in the healthcare profession.
- National Association of School Psychologists - Jobs and internships in school psychology
- Social Service - Jobs and internships in social services
- Social Work Job Bank - Jobs in social work
- Harvard Summer Institute in Biomedical Informatics
- Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
- Princeton's Research Program in Molecular and Quantitative & Computational Biology
- National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics
Healthcare & Public Health
- American Public Health Association
- Advocates for Public Health Education - Public health fellowships and career resources
- CDC - Jobs and internships with the Center for Disease Control
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Global Health Corps
- Healthcare IT Central - Jobs in Healthcare IT; go to job search and type in analytics
- Health Careers
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- Medzilla - Assists biotechnology, pharmaceutical, science, medicine and healthcare professionals and employers
- Miracle Workers
- MPH - Public health fellowships
- National Institute of Health
- Pharmiweb - Brings news and job openings in the pharmaceutical industry
- Public Health Jobs Worldwide
- Public Health Partners - Internships and fellowships from a collaboration of government agencies, public health organizations and science libraries
- What Is a Healthcare Data Analyst?
- World Health Organization
- Peer Counseling - The Peer Counseling Program is a team of student volunteers dedicated to helping other students experiencing any kind of emotional problems. Recognizing that students often feel most comfortable talking with friends about life issues, the Peer Counselors receive extensive training on how to help other students.
- Red Cross Club - Guided by the fundamental principles of the American Red Cross and its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors, the Red Cross Club of Washington & Lee will learn, practice and exemplify humanitarian values through mission-related service projects.
- Wounded Warrior Project - The mission of our student group is to organize fundraising events that engage the entire W&L student body with the goal of raising money and awareness for the WWP. They provide several services that help veterans adjust to civilian life following active duty and cope with physical or non-physical injuries.
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with professionals. Below are alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource to you. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.