Grace is a cofounder and Director of Business Development at GraphAlchemist, a Portland based start-up that helps Fortune 500s and enterprise clients make data driven decisions through robust technical solutions and engaging visualizations. She works closely with clients to better understand the best data solution for them and engages the community with conversations about inclusion and equity in the technology.
Explore careers in the computer science sector by exploring the links below. Found a career you're interested in? Stop by our office or make an appointment with a career advisor and begin networking to learn more.
A career in computer science often requires you to have a scientific resume. This can include highlighting your knowledge of various programming languages. Check out resume examples on LexLink.
Programming, Systems & IT
- Computer Jobs - Job board and create job alerts
- Computer World - Articles on recent tech news and blogs
- DICE - Job board and career advice (professional docs, networking, etc.)
- GE Jobs - Information about working at GE and application
- IT Jobs Worldwide - Job opportunities abroad for IT
- Web Professionals - Jobs in web design, development, security, search marketing, and engineering
- ANGEL - Search for job opportunities in different startups
- Digital NYC - Resource for NYC's startups and technology information; brings together companies, jobs, and blogs
- StartupHire - Search for jobs; can create a profile to be paired with opportunities
- The Muse - Business, IT, Sales, and Marketing with cutting edge companies
- Venture Loop - Search for jobs in startups
Gaming, Animation, TV & Film
- Computer Graphics - Available job list from ACM SIGGRAPH
- Gaming Jobs - Jobs in video games, animation, VFX, and technology
- CSI - Resource for learning about forensics career including jobs, articles, and videos
- Forensic Internships - List of forensic science internship opportunities
Research & Other General Opportunities
- Computer Science Online - Guidebook combines expert interviews, career advice and start up knowledge to supply the most up-to-date and accurate information about the growing computer science industry
- Digital Marketing - A non-profit serving the marketing industry; includes a job board
- IEEE Society Job Board - Network of professionals and job search resources
- Jobs in Social Media - Search for jobs in social media; also includes a career blog
- Research Experience for Undergraduates by NSF - National Science Foundation funds a large number of research opportunities for undergraduate students through its REU Sites program. An REU Site consists of a group of ten or so undergraduates who work in the research programs of the host institution.
- Tiny Tech Jobs - Jobs in nanotechnology, information technology, and biotechnology
- Computer Science Department Opportunities
- Women in Technology and Science (WITS) - WITS combats the societal idea that only boys should be pushed to excel in math and science. Our mission is to encourage young women to pursue science and technology by giving girls from local middle and elementary schools an opportunity to perform science experiments from all disciplines during the school year.
One of the best ways to explore careers and find job opportunities is to network with professionals. Below are alumni who have experience in the field and have volunteered to be a resource to you. Not sure how to begin networking? Stop by our office to get started.