The Presidential Search Committee, which will conduct the national search for Washington and Lee's 27th president, comprises the following members:
- Chair: B. Craig Owens ‘76, Trustee, Bryn Mawr, Pa.
- Dana J. Bolden '89, Trustee, Atlanta, Ga.
- Johanna E. Bond, Professor of Law
- J. Donald Childress ‘70, Rector of the Board of Trustees, Atlanta, Ga.
- Mary C. Choksi, Trustee, Washington, D.C.
- Blair Hixon Davis '94, Trustee, Irvine, Calif.
- Waller T. Dudley '74, ‘79L, Executive Director of Alumni Affairs and Emeritus Trustee
- James D. Farrar Jr. ‘74, Secretary of the University and Senior Assistant to the President
- Mason Grist '18, President of the Executive Committee of the Student Body
- Janine M. Hathorn, Athletics Director and Professor of Physical Education, Athletics and Recreation
- Helen I'Anson, John T. Perry Professor of Biology and Research Science
- Michael R. McAlevey '86, Trustee, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Marshall B. Miller Jr. '71, Trustee, San Antonio, Texas
- Angela M. Smith, Roger Mudd Professor of Ethics and Professor of Philosophy, Director of the Mudd Center for Ethics
- Robert A. Strong, William Lyne Wilson Professor of Politics