ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The photography program is a complimentary blend of traditional and current techniques, integrating both digital and darkroom processes. Students can major or minor in Studio Art, with a concentration in photography. For more information, contact Professor Christa Bowden at 540-458-8880 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Photography I (black & white film & darkroom photography)
• Photography II (digital photography)
• Photography III (large format photography)
• Color Photography (digital)
• Alternative Photographic Processes
• History of Photography
• Photography & the City of Paris
FACILITIES & EQUIPMENT
• 2 black & white darkrooms with 16 total Omega 4x5 enlarger stations.
• A Mac-based digital darkroom, including scanners for both film and prints, Wacom drawing tablets, and large format archival ink jet printers.
The “Photography and the City of Paris” course is offered biannually in odd year spring terms. Students spend 4 weeks in Paris photographing the city and visiting museums and galleries.
HONORS & AWARDS
• The Sally Mann Prize for Photography is awarded annually to an exceptional photography student. This is also a purchase prize, used to acquire a piece of the student’s work created while at W&L. The piece becomes a part of the W&L art collection, and is permanently displayed in the photography area of Wilson Hall.
• Scholarships awarded annually to 2 students to fund attendance to the Society for Photographic Education National Conference. www.spenational.org