S. Cullum Owings Jr. Fellowship
Applications are open to current sophomores and juniors for an S. Cullum Owings Jr. Fellowship for the 2023-24 academic year. Cullum was a respected student in the class of 2003 who died in a highway crash during his senior year. The Owings Fellowship perpetuates his commitment to honor. The Fellows visit secondary and middle schools to foster conversations about academic integrity and existing honor code or system, or whether to adopt one. All expenses are covered and each Fellow will receive a tuition credit of $2,500.00 in the fall and winter terms.
We seek students who embrace the W&L community of trust and who would enjoy interactive engagement with younger students. E.C. experience is valued but not required. You must have a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA. Please apply or encourage a friend to do so.
Include in your application:
- An unofficial copy of your transcript (order from Registrar ASAP)
- Your campus activities and time commitments for next year.
- Up to 250 words on how your experience and values qualify you.
- Your agreement to make at least two out-of-town visits next year (all expenses are covered).
- Confirmation that you will be on campus for the fall and winter terms.
- Two faculty or administrators as potential references.
Career and Professional Development