Alumni Board Member Nomination Form
- The Alumni Board is not a policy-making board; University Trustees do that. It is a top-level volunteer board engaged in supporting W&L, engaging alumni, and being responsive to alumni needs and concerns. It works in close partnership with the Alumni Engagement office, in particular the Executive Director.
- The Alumni Board meets in Lexington twice a year, usually during Young Alumni Weekend in the fall and Alumni Weekend in the spring.
- The Alumni Board is active in developing and improving tools and services for alumni in chapters, communications, inclusion and engagement, and lifelong learning.
- Members act as a university ambassador and conduit for alumni information and concerns.
- Members serve a four- year term.
- Members participate in two 1-hour board conference calls each year, approximately one month before each campus meeting.
- Members attend events in their home chapter and support chapter leaders.
- Members give to the Annual Fund. 100% board participation is needed; the size of your gift is up to the individual.