Distinguished Alumni Award
Qualifications of a Nominee:
- Must have been out of Washington and Lee for at least ten years.
- Must not have received an Honorary Degree from Washington and Lee.
- May not be an employee of the University. This, therefore, excludes from consideration both faculty and members of the administration.
- May not be a current or an emeritus member of the University's Board of Trustees, or a current member of the Alumni Board. Former members of the Alumni Board may be considered.
Holistic Criteria for Selection:
- Service and support of Washington and Lee.
- Service such as community, boards, professional associations, charities and civic endeavors.
- Notable success in business, profession or vocation.
- True public service without regard to title or remuneration.
- A reputation of high character and integrity.