Outing Club Reunion
The Mountains are Calling...
Our inaugural Outing Club Reunion Adventure Weekend HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
It will be packed with outdoor activities, including paddling the James River, mountain biking, hiking the Blue Ridge Mountains and reliving some of our favorite W&L memories from the Outing Club. This weekend is geared towards adventure-loving, active adults who are ready to roll up their sleeves, sweat and even camp over night!
All activities begin at the moderate difficulty level, and space is limited to 25 alumni. We can't wait to reunite with our Outing Club leaders as we return to some of our favorite outdoor haunts.
Friday, April 24
|11AM||Welcome & Safety Check||Hotchkiss House|
|12PM-5PM||Paddle the James River||James River|
|5PM-8AM||Camp along the James River||Rockbridge County|
Saturday, April 25
|9AM-3PM||Mountain Bike & Hike||Carvin's Cove|
|3PM-4PM||Enjoy the Views & Brews||Great Valley Brewing|
|6PM-8PM||BBQ Dinner||Village Pavillion|
Sunday, April 26
|All Day||Free Time||Lexington, VA|
The cost of the weekend is $100 and includes:
- Equipment for paddling (kayak, paddle, lifejacket)
- Equipment for biking (mountain bike, helmet)
- Snacks and lunch on Friday and Saturday
- Dinner on Friday and Saturday Breakfast on Saturday
- Transportation between activities and campus
Please note that, to keep costs low, alumni will be in charge of their own accommodations on Saturday (and Thursday, if necessary!) evenings. Please check out the nearby hotels, as well as AirBnb and VRBO to score some great deals!
Packing list includes:
- Hiking, biking and water shoes
- Daypack or bag
- Swimsuit or water-appropriate clothing
- Sunglasses and sunscreen
- Bug spray
- Breathable clothing for hiking, biking and paddling
- Optional: bike helmet; sleeping bad and/or pad; pillow
Full equipment and packing list will be given to participants closer to the reunion.