Washington and Lee University Office of Alumni Affairs
Learn About Career Resources
Career and Professional Development: Career and Professional Development's website has great resources for both alumni and students.
- Handshake: Handshake is W&L's new online career platform, connecting employers with the W&L alumni and student candidates they're seeking. Employers can post full-time jobs, internships, fellowships and other opportunities for candidates to access and apply. W&L alumni can use Handshake to search for job opportunities, as well as post jobs for follow alumni. Use your W&L credentials (classes 2016 - 2017) to log in or to register for an account and complete your profile. Contact The Career and Professional Development Office at email@example.com with questions about how to get started.
On-campus Networking Opportunities: Come back to Lexington and network while you're at it!
- AdLib Conference: Founded in 2011, the AdLib Conference has grown into a daylong conference and networking opportunity that brings alumni who work in the industry back to campus to share trends, best practices and lessons learned with current students.
- Entrepreneurship Summit: The Entrepreneurship Summit was launched in 2012 and has quickly become one of the university's signature alumni events. The 2016 Summit occurred September 23-24 and included over 120 alumni and 200+ students who came together to network and learn from each other.
- Social Innovation Initiative: Born out of the Social Entrepreneurship Summit from the Williams School, the Social Innovation Initiative strives to adopt an interdisciplinary approach to solving contemporary social problems using the mechanisms of business and entrepreneurship.
- Summit on Social Impact Careers: Networking opportunities and panels about careers that allow you to have a positive impact on communities, social organizations and the individuals they serve.
Other W&L Networking Opportunities
- Real Estate Forum: This event, typically held in a large metro area, is designed to help alumni in the industry further develop professional relationships and engage with the growing real estate program on campus.