Spring Term at a glance: course development, contact hours, learning outcomes, funding, scheduling and more.
What is the W&L Spring Term?
Four weeks. One class. Your undivided attention. In the lab, in the field, on the road, around the world.
Spring Term Basics
- One Course: Students take one and only one 4-credit course
- Four Credits: Each regular course is worth four credits
- Course Load: 4-5 credits (regular course + a single PE/1-credit course)
- No overloads or underloads are allowed
- No Pass/Fail: All courses must be taken for a letter grade
- Four Weeks: The term is four weeks long
- Registration: Students register in mid-January (class details, including syllabus, are requested for a November 1 posting)
- Full Engagement: Students are fully engaged by their 1 academic course