Our multi-disciplinary programs are designed to foster community engagement, economic development, and social change.
SIP applicants communicate with Fran Elrod about internship interest who then communicates with Peacework staff to develop and connect student to projects. Peacework develops sustained community projects and connects student teams with projects.
Internship development flowchart:
1. Applicant discusses interest with SIP staff, Fran Elrod
2. SIP staff communicates with Peacework staff
3. SIP staff connects applicant to Peacework staff to develop internship proposal
4. Applicant develops proposal for SIP Int'l interview
5. Applicants accepted to SIP then interview with Peacework
IMPORTANT NOTE: Teams of two or more students on one project preferred.