Direct Loan Interest Rates and Fees
For the 2012-13Academic Year
|Federal Subsidized Stafford Loan - UG only
|Federal Unsubsidized Loan - UG and Law
|Federal PLUS Loan - UG
|Grad PLUS Loan - Law
|Federal Perkins Loan - UG and Law
|W&L Loan - UG and Law
All private loans - UG and Law
Interest rates based on credit score of borrower and co-borrower and Prime or the LIBOR rate
- Subsidized and Unsubsidized Stafford Loan - 1% origination fee on each disbursement
- PLUS and Grad PLUS Loan - 4% origination fee on each disbursement
- Interest is deferred on Undergraduate Subsidized Stafford, Perkins, and W&L Loans while student is in school at least half-time
- PLUS Loans (UG) - Repayment may be deferred until the student graduates. Borrower must call DL Servicing Center to request this benefit. Interest will continue to accrue on the unpaid balance.
- Beginning in 2012-13, Law students are not eligible for Subsidized Stafford Loan.