● Hold the tip of the condom to squeeze out any air. Leave 1" to catch the semen.
● Hold the tip as you unroll the condom down the shaft of the penis.
● Following ejaculation, hold on to the rim and withdraw before erection subsides. Be careful not to spill any semen. Tie a knot in the condom and throw away.
● Additional use of a water-based (spermicidal) lubricant inside the tip of the condom may improve sensitivity and increase efficacy of the condom. Add more lubricant to the outside of the condom to enhance pleasure and to reduce breakage!
● Replace condom stored in a wallet or glove compartment of a car...heat destroys latex!
● Use latex rather than animal skins!
● Condoms are not 100% perfect. But if used properly can help prevent HIV, STI's and pregnancy!
REMEMBER...ALCOHOL AND OTHER DRUGS CAN AFFECT YOUR JUDGMENT AND COMPROMISE PROPER SEXUAL DECISION-MAKING AND CONDOMS USE.
This is the ONLY way to protect yourself completely. Many college students are choosing not to have sex.
Say NO! to casual sex. Having one partner for a short time and then moving on to another partner (serial monogamy) is high-risk behavior.
Be direct and honest with partners. TALK first!
Alcohol and other drugs lower your ability to make sensible self- protecting decisions. Drunk sex is rarely safer sex.
Use a lubricated condom every time you have sex, even if you are using another form of birth control
RUBBER DAMS or plastic wrap---Use with oral sex to prevent transmission of STI's.
CHOOSE LOWER RISK SEXUAL ACTIVITIES
Kissing, hugging, massaging and touching are generally safer activities than intercourse.