Washington and Lee University is pleased to consider applications from home-schooled students. Given the unique nature of each student's curriculum, we suggest including the following, in addition to the required material for all of our first-year applicants, to ensure an accurate and fair review of your application:
- We recommend submitting results from five SAT Subject Tests, preferably mathematics, history, science, foreign language and literature
- A detailed description of your curriculum, including a list of texts utilized
- A listing of all institutions attended and official transcripts sowing all courses completed
- An interview either on-campus in the Office of Admission or off-campus through our Alumni Admissions Program
- If available, two teacher recommendations from teachers other than family members (i.e. community college professor, summer program instructor, etc.)
- Please feel free to include any other recommendations in addition to those mentioned above, including letters from coaches, employers, religious advisers, etc
Again, we recognize that each student's home-schooling experience and application process will be different. If you should have any additional questions or require clarification, do not hesitate to contact our office via e-mail or telephone.