Members of the Class of 2016 are required to live in on-campus housing (residence halls, theme houses, Greek houses) for the 2013-2014 academic year, and members of the Classes of 2015 and 2014 are eligible to live in on-campus housing. Students who do not follow the instructions below will have to wait until after the lottery has ended to choose a housing assignment.
By Tuesday, March 26 at 3:00 p.m., you must pay a $150.00 security deposit and obtain a lottery number in order to participate in the housing lottery. You will receive e-mail notification in February when you may begin to complete the steps below. Detailed instructions are as follows:
1. Pay a Security Deposit:
2. Obtain a Lottery Number
3. Attend the Appropriate Housing Lottery Night
If you have received a room assignment in Greek Housing, you do not have to participate in the housing lottery.
If you have received a room assignment in Theme Housing (Outing Club, Global Service House, Chavis House, or Spanish House), you must submit a deposit during the deposit timeframe stated above and sign a contract at 6:00 p.m. on either housing lottery night.
Floor plans will be available on the nights of the housing lotteries, but if you would like to view floor plans before the night of the lottery, they are available online at http://go.wlu.edu/ResLifeFloorPlans.
Instructions for Students Studying Abroad
1. Send your security deposit of $150.00 to the Business Office. Write "2013-2014 Housing Security Deposit" in the memo.
2. Choose a student on campus who will select your room for you on the lottery night.
3. Follow the instructions above to obtain a lottery number. Forward your lottery number confirmation e-mail to the student who will select your room for you on the lottery night.
4. Request a proxy form from Sarah Walker at email@example.com. Complete this form and send it to BOTH firstname.lastname@example.org and the student who will select your room for you on the lottery night.
5. Make sure the student who will select your room on the lottery night knows to bring both your lottery number confirmation e-mail and proxy form to the housing lottery.
Any further questions about the Housing Lottery may be directed to your RA, RAFY, or Sarah Walker at email@example.com.
Please note that your lottery number will be void if you fail to pay a security deposit by the deadline stated above and/or do not bring your Student ID card to the appropriate Housing Lottery night.