The Shepherd Internship Program provides a unique immersion experience to Consortium participants. The Alliance works to minimize cost to consortium schools while providing a rich educational experience to students.
As a student, what will it cost me to participate in the Shepherd Alliance?
1. Each school has some variation in the financial package. You may need to pay for your transportation to the Frueauff opening conference and home following the closing conference, both held in Lexington, Virginia; Some schools are able to offer financial assistance. Contact the Shepherd Consortium Internship designee at your school.
2. Every Consortium school will pay for the following expenses on your behalf: summer housing, food, some transportation costs. Each student receives a check of $816 prior to the summer for food & commuter expenses during the internship - this is about $14/day.
3. The Shepherd Internhsip Program provides Frueauff opening and closing conference fees and accommodations at no charge to the student or the your school.
4. Eligible students may enroll for an AmeriCorps Educational award stipend of $1,175.
5. Some institutions offer their students a need-based grant upon completion of the program. Again, you will need to contact your Shepherd Consortium Internship designee at your school.