The Elrod Fellowship connects non-profit, for-profit and government organizations that address significant social issues with a pool of highly-qualified and committed young professions with an interest in learning more about the public sector. Fellowships last one year, and can be extended for a second.
Benefits to Partner Organizations
- The Elrod Fellowship program eliminates the need to recruit and advertise for entry-level, professional positions.
- Your organization will get the opportunity to interview several motivated, well-educated candidates and will have access to an ongoing stream of candidates each year.
- Your organization will engage in a relationship with Washington and Lee alumni in your community.
- You can market your program and network with other service agencies through the Elrod Fellowship's educational seminar series.
- If a W&L graduate doesn't meet your needs, you will have access to other young professionals through The Alumni Network.
Elrod Fellowship Interest Areas:
- Community Development
- Environmental Justice
- Group Advocacy
- Public Health
- Immigration/International Issues
- Legal Services
- Women's Issues
- Youth Services
Elrod Fellowship Brochure