The Elrod Fellowship program aims to bridge the gap between highly-qualified young alumni and innovative public service organizations. The program enables Elrod Fellows to acquire valuable professional skills and connections while working on significant public interest issues. Through an Elrod Fellowship, you can:
• Explore a career in the field of public interest
• Address significant needs and make a meaningful contribution to society
• Gain valuable professional skills and experiences
• Benefit from the support of a mentor who also attended Washington and Lee
• Take part in a speaker series that will enhance your professional experience
Elrod Fellows currently are placed in Baltimore, Houston and Washington, D.C., cities with active Washington and Lee alumni chapters and fellow graduates who not only are committed to their communities but also to helping maximize the Elrod Fellowship experience for young, W&L alumni. The duration of the Elrod Fellowship is one year, sometimes two.