Policies and Reservations
ITS provides laptop computers and MacBooks to faculty and staff for short-term business travel. This pool of computers is intended to meet the off-campus travel needs not otherwise met by the normal portable classroom presentation equipment. Request a Travel Laptop/MacBook.
- Laptops may be reserved up to six months in advance on a first-come first-served basis.
- Reservations will be limited to a maximum of three weeks.
- Under no circumstances will a reservation be accepted for usage of a personal nature.
- Laptops will be configured with standard office software. No additional software will be added.
- The laptop disk image will be "frozen", meaning that the laptop reconfigures itself to the original setup upon reboot. An area will be set aside on the local disk drive that will allow users to save local data that will not be overwritten upon reboot.
- Replacement or repair costs related to lost or damaged items may be charged to the user’s department based on the specific circumstances of the incident.