Service-Learning Materials for Faculty and Students
(1) Hour Log: The faculty member will communicate to students whether the hour log is a course requirement. The hour log should be completed weekly. Its completion is the responsibility of the student. It may also be used to plan for future service. The hour log should be submitted to the faculty member and Service-Learning Coordinator.
(2) Supervisor Suggestions and Thank You Note: Students should present these suggestions to their respective site supervisors on the first day of their service and identify themselves as students serving to complete the service-learning requirement of their respective course. The suggestions available here are generic. Often course specific suggestions are developed.
(3) Student Evaluation: To be completed by students at the end of the term in conjunction with the traditional course evaluation. Copies of the student evaluation should be presented to the faculty member and Service-Learning Coordinator.
(4) Community Agency/Supervisor Evaluation: To be completed by the supervising agency at the term's end. The Service-Learning Coordinator distributes the evaluation to community supervisors and shares their content with the participating faculty member after grades have been submitted.
(5) Faculty Evaluation: To be completed by the cooperating faculty member at the term's culmination and submitted to the Service-Learning Coordinator.
(6) Service Learning Contract: to be filled out before the Service Learning Placement.