Upcoming EventsThere are no scheduled events at this time.
We in the Department of Chemistry at W&L provide education in the chemical sciences, conduct scientific research in chemistry, biochemistry, and related areas, and share expertise and service to other members of the Washington and Lee community and a wide range of professional and private communities outside of W&L.
- W&L's ODK Circle Honors Four Honorary Initiates, Inducts Undergraduate and Law Students
Washington and Lee University's Alpha Circle of Omicron Delta Kappa will recognize its new initiaties at the University's Founders Day/Omicron Delta Kappa Convocation on January 18.
- W&L Seniors Alexandra Fernandez, Ronald Magee Named Generals of the Month for November
Washington and Lee seniors Alexandra Fernández and Ronald Magee will be recognized at Generals of the Month for November on Thursday, Nov. 15, at 12:30 p.m. in the Marketplace in Elrod Commons.
- W&L's Uffelman to Give Cincinnati Professorship Inaugural Lecture
Erich S. Uffelman, professor of chemistry at Washington and Lee University, will give the Cincinnati Professorship Inaugural Lecture on Friday, Oct. 5.
- New IQ Center Will Enhance Science at W&L
The first phase of the new Integrative and Quantitative (IQ) Center at Washington and Lee University is underway, with a projected opening date of June 2013.
- W&L Promotes Faculty Members to Full, Associate Professorships
Washington and Lee University has promoted eight members of its faculty to full professor, while granting tenure to 14 faculty members who were promoted to associate professor.