Center for International Education
Upcoming EventsThere are no scheduled events at this time.
International Education at Washington and Lee strives to create an effective global learning environment by providing leadership, administrative oversight, and broad support for international learning and global engagement. Its primary functions are:
- To develop, guide, and monitor opportunities for overseas learning by students;
- To support faculty logistically in their international research, teaching, and curricular development;
- To advise and assist students, faculty and visitors from abroad in their integration into and involvement with the university and the local community; and
- To promote the ideals of global citizenship, intercultural appreciation, and mutual understanding in a rapidly changing world.
- Girl Scout Thinking Day
W&L International Students and Instructors Host Cultural Fair for Girl Scout Thinking Day
- Evening Abroad
The Student Association for International Learning (SAIL) held the 20th Annual Evening Abroad celebration on March 15, 2013.
- New Look for Study Abroad at W&L
W&L will launch its "new look" for study and work abroad this year..
- Global Service House Set to Open
The new Global Service House - a joint project shared by the Center for International Education and the Shepherd Program - is set to open this fall.
- Radio IE
Catch up on broadcasts of Radio IE at the WLUR archives.
W&L International News
- Boetsch Addresses Opening Assembly of W&L Reunions
Laurent Boetsch, director of international education at Washington and Lee, delivered the keynote address for the University's annual Alumni Weekend on Thursday, May 2.
- W&L Sophomore Wins Davis Projects for Peace Grant
Emmanuel Abebrese, a Washington and Lee University sophomore, has won a $10,000 grant from the Davis Projects for Peace 2013.
- Dani Breidung Awarded First Certificate of International Immersion at W&L
Washington and Lee University senior Danielle (Dani) Breidung has become the first student at the University to earn a Certificate of International Immersion, awarded to students who demonstrate significant commitment to and understanding of global interaction.
- W&L's Whang Featured in "International Educator"
Washington and Lee senior Uri Whang was featured in the cover story of the November/December edition "International Educator," the journal of NAFSA: Association of International Educators.
- W&L Students Put New Global Service House to Good Use
Washington and Lee's Global Service House opened this fall to provide a focus for internationalism, a locale for increased cross-cultural engagement, and a visible home for service activity.