Kemper Scholar Program
In 1912, James Scott Kemper founded an insurance company based on responsibility, understanding, and integrity - values which ever after marked the Kemper Insurance Companies. This philosophy and James Kemper's commitment to communal learning and mentoring led to the creation in 1948 of the Kemper Scholars Program, administered by the James S. Kemper Foundation. The program prepares students for leadership and service, especially in the fields of administration and business. The James S. Kemper Foundation believes that undergraduate study of the liberal arts offers the best preparation for life and career; thus the program aims to promote education in the liberal arts while providing opportunities for career exploration, practical experience, and professional growth.
Benefits for the Scholars:
- Kemper Scholars receive scholarship financial assistance for three years of $3,000-$8,000 a year depending on demonstrated need.
- Scholars receive $2,000-$6,000 in summer project stipends for two years.
- They attend the annual Kemper Scholars Conference for three years.
- Scholars are placed in an internship at a non-profit organization in Chicago during their post-sophomore year summer.
- Scholars design and propose their own post-junior year summer projects.
Applications for the scholar program can be downloaded here. Please submit completed applications and all required documents in LexLink. Please use the search term "Kemper Scholars". The DEADLINE is Monday, January 6, 2014 at 4:00p.