To sit for the MD CPA exam you must:
- Must have 120 semester hours of education and a bachelor's degree;
- Specific education requirements can be found here.
- Pay the examination fee; and
- Complete the Exam Registration.
Common mistakes made when applying for the exam are found here.
To become a licensed CPA in Maryland you must:
- Pass the CPA Examination;
- Complete the Report of Practical Work Experience; and
- You must complete one year or 2,000 hours of accounting related experience under the supervision of a licensed CPA.
- Have all of your official transcripts.
For more information we encourage you to visit the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation.