Capital Projects manages the capital project delivery process from inception through close-out to ensure the successful delivery of projects that support and enhance the University's academic mission. We are a team of professionals with backgrounds in project management, construction, budget management and project support activities who are responsible for the planning, design, construction and support services associated with infrastructure upgrades, new construction, renovations and historic preservation.
Capital Projects consists of two functional areas:
1) Project Management
Capital Projects provides management over the life cycle of the capital project delivery process that includes the following:
- Program Development
- Budget Development
- Schedule Development
- Design Administration
- Construction Administration
- FF&E Procurement and Move Coordination
- Project Accounting
- Project Occupancy and Close-Out
Our stewardship of the University's resources is paramount, as we work with architectural and engineering teams, construction firms and stakeholders to develop and implement projects. As such, we have the following key goals and objectives:
Cost - Deliver projects of long-term value and cost effectiveness within established financial parameters
Performance - Manage projects within a structured and consistent process
Quality - Deliver projects that support the intended program and possess high standards of quality
Schedule - Manage projects within established time parameters
2) Capital Project Budgeting
Capital Projects manages development of the University's annual capital project budget, which includes the following activities:
- Analyzes, organizes and prioritizes capital project requests within the framework of fiscal, funding, physical and other contraints.
- Provides key linkage between academic priorities of the University and capital projects.
- Communicates on a regular basis with University administration, trustees and stakeholders about the capital project budget.