Each Science Advisory Board member is appointed by the Department in which they majored while at W&L. Board members meet once or twice a year to discuss business which aligns within its mission. While on campus, the members interact with both students and Department faculty to network, discuss upcoming needs, and develop projects or initiatives.
Science Advisory Board
To encourage, enhance, and promote excellence in the sciences and mathematics at Washington and Lee University.
We encourage by:
- Interacting with students considering careers in the sciences and mathematics
- Supporting the math and science faculty's teaching and research pursuits
- Bringing together science and math faculty to focus on interests and issues common to all departments
We enhance by:
- Providing an outside and strategic perspective on post-Washington and Lee life
- Advising the faculty on cross-cutting issues facing the Washington and Lee science and mathematics communities
We promote by:
- Providing career guidance and support to current and prospective students
- Serving as an advocate for the sciences and mathematics in working with the administration
- Establishing relationships with alumni to support the sciences and mathematics