Upper Division Housing Lottery
2015-2016 WOODS CREEK HOUSING LOTTERY
FOR UPPER-DIVISION STUDENTS
Members of the Class of 2018 are required to live in on-campus housing (residence halls, theme houses, Greek houses) for the 2015-2016 academic year, and members of the Classes of 2017 and 2016 are eligible to live in on-campus housing.
2015-2016 WOODS CREEK HOUSING LOTTERY/ROOM SELECTION DATES AND DEADLINES:
Register Online and Pay Housing Deposits February 26, 2015 - March 16, 2015
The In-Person Room Selection will take place on Thursday, March 19, 2015
Class of 2018: begins at 6:30 pm
Classes of 2017 and 2016: begins at 8 pm
- Location: Commons Living Room
Upper Division campus housing options for 2015-2016 will be to live in Woods Creek apartments, Greek houses, and themed housing - Global Service House, Leadership & Engagement House, Chavis House, Casa Hispanica, Outing Club House, Sustainability House and new for 2015-2015 the ARC (Arts, Recreation, and Culture) House.
Please be prepared for room selection night by talking with those you would like to live with next year. We plan to fill every room in all facilities.
DETAILED LOTTERY INSTRUCTIONS:
Students who do not follow the instructions below will have to wait until after the lottery has ended to choose a housing assignment.
By Monday, March 16, 2015 at 3pm, you must pay a $150.00 security deposit and obtain a lottery number in order to participate in the housing lottery. Note: If you fail to meet these requirements by the advertised deadlines, you will have to wait until after the housing lottery to select a room.
1. Pay a Security Deposit
Go to the Business Office (2 South Main Street) to pay your security deposit of $150.00 at your earliest convenience. The absolute last day to pay is Monday, March 16, 2015 at 3pm. If you plan to use a credit on your account as your deposit, you must contact the Business Office at 540-458-8732 or email email@example.com.
2. Obtain a Lottery Number:
- The 2015-2016 Housing Lottery Registration has closed. Contact Sarah Walker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with instructions if you missed the deadline to register and are required to live on campus next year.
3. Attend the Housing Lottery on March 19 in the Commons Living Room
- Room selection for the Class of 2018 will begin at 6:30pm
- Room selection for the Classes of 2017 and 2016 will begin at 8pm
- You MUST BRING your Student ID card. The Residential Life Staff will have a list of all lottery numbers and deposits made at the Business Office.
OTHER IMPORTANT HOUSING INFORMATION:
Greek Houses: Greek houses are assigned by the individual chapters. If you have received a room assignment in Greek Housing, you do not have to participate in the housing lottery.
Theme Houses: Theme Houses are assigned by application. Please see the individual web pages for application information, requirements, and deadlines.
- John Chavis House
- Global Service House
- Leadership and Engagement House
- Outing Club House
- Casa Hispanica (Spanish House)
- Sustainability House **New Location for 2015-2016**
- ARC (Arts, Recreation and Culture) House **NEW for 2015-2016**
If you have received a room assignment in theme housing, you must submit the required housing deposit by March 16 and sign a contract at 6:00pm (before the lottery begins) on March 19 in Commons 116.
Roommates: Students who choose to live together should come forward with the student whose lottery number is the lowest on the night of the lottery. The entire group must be present and each member must have registered, paid the housing deposit and present his/her Student ID card upon request. If you have any extra bed spaces in your apartment, please note that at any time someone may be assigned to that space. Therefore, please choose apartments that have the same number of bed spaces as the number of people in your group. If you have a high lottery number, be prepared to quickly make a decision on who will leave your group in case there are no longer any apartments available that suit your group's needs. Rising Juniors and Seniors wishing to live in the same apartment as rising Sophomores will need to be present at 6:30pm for the start of the Class of 2018 room selection.
Floor Plans: Floor plans will be available on March 19. We encourage you to view floor plans before the night of the lottery at http://www.wlu.edu/student-life/residential-life/upper-division-housing/woods-creek-apartments.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS STUDYING ABROAD:
Send your security deposit of $150.00 to the Business Office - check payable to Washington and Lee University. Write "2015-2016 Security Deposit" in the memo.
- Choose a student on campus who will select your room for you on the lottery night.
- Follow the instructions above to obtain a lottery number. Forward your lottery number confirmation e-mail to the student who will select your room for you on the lottery night.
- Request a proxy form from Sarah Walker at email@example.com. Complete this form and send it to BOTH firstname.lastname@example.org and the student who will select your room for you on the lottery night.
- Make sure the student who will select your room on the lottery night knows to bring both your lottery number confirmation e-mail and proxy form to the housing lottery.
Any further questions about the Housing Lottery may be directed to your RA, RAFY, Amy Perkins or Sarah Walker. Please note that your lottery number will be void and you will not be allowed to participate in the housing lottery if you fail to pay a security deposit by the Monday, March 16, 2015 deadline or do not bring your Student ID card to room selection.