Upper Division Housing Lottery
2014-2015 WOODS CREEK HOUSING LOTTERY
FOR UPPER-DIVISION STUDENTS
Members of the Class of 2017 are required to live in on-campus housing (residence halls, theme houses, Greek houses) for the 2014-2015 academic year, and members of the Classes of 2016 and 2015 are eligible to live in on-campus housing.
2014-2015 HOUSING LOTTERY DATES/DEADLINES:
Register Online and Pay Housing Deposits by March 21, 2014 at 3 p.m. EST
Room Selection Dates:
Class of 2017: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
Classes of 2016 and 2015: Thursday, March 27, 2014 at 6:30 p.m.
- Location: Commons Living Room
We will continue renovations in the residence halls this summer (Graham-Lees) and into the next academic year. Your options for on campus housing for 2014-2015 will be to live in Woods Creek apartments, Greek houses, and themed housing - Global Service House, Leadership & Engagement House, Chavis House, Casa Hispanica, Outing Club House and a new option - Sustainability House.
Please be prepared for Room Lottery by talking with those you would like to live with next year. If you are having difficulty finding roommates, please notify Amy Perkins (email@example.com). We will be hosting a "meet and greet" social in mid-March for those who are looking for roommates/apartment mates. Because of the reduction in the number of available beds next year, we will need to fill every room in all facilities.
DETAILED LOTTERY INSTRUCTIONS:
Students who do not follow the instructions below will have to wait until after the lottery has ended to choose a housing assignment.
By Friday, March 21, 2014 at 3 p.m., you must pay a $150.00 security deposit and obtain a lottery number in order to participate in the housing lottery.
1. Pay a Security Deposit:
- Go to the Business Office (2 South Main Street) to pay your security deposit of $150.00 at your earliest convenience. The absolute last day to pay is Friday, March 21, 2014 at 3 p.m. If you plan to use a credit on your account as your deposit, you must contact the Business Office at 540-458-8732 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Obtain a Lottery Number: Register online by 3 p.m. March 21, 2014
- Login at http://map3.ad.wlu.edu/forms/HousingLottery/default.aspx
- Enter your seven digit ID number (without leading zeros), your WLU e-mail address, and click "Submit." Your lottery number will appear on the following screen.
- A confirmation will be sent to your e-mail with your lottery number. If you receive this e-mail, your lottery number has been submitted to the Office of Residential Life.
3. Attend the Appropriate Housing Lottery Night
- The Housing Lottery night for members of the Class of 2017 is on Wednesday, March 26, 2014, at 6:30 p.m. in the Commons Living Room.
- The Housing Lottery night for members of the Classes of 2016 and 2015 is on Thursday, March 27, 2014, at 6:30 p.m. in the Commons Living Room.
- You MUST BRING your Student ID card. The Residential Life Staff will have a list of all lottery numbers and deposits made at the Business Office.
OTHER IMPORTANT HOUSING INFORMATION:
Greek Houses: Greek houses are assigned by the individual chapters. If you have received a room assignment in Greek Housing, you do not have to participate in the housing lottery.
Theme Houses: Theme Houses are assigned by application. Please see the individual web pages for application information, requirements, and deadlines.
- John Chavis House
- Global Service House
- Leadership and Engagement House
- Outing Club House
- Casa Hispanica (Spanish House)
- Sustainability Development House
If you have received a room assignment in theme housing, you must submit a deposit during the deposit timeframe and sign a contract at 6:00 p.m. (before the lottery begins) either March 26 or March 27.
Roommates: Students who choose to live together should come forward with the student whose lottery number is the lowest on the night of the lottery. The entire group must be present and each member must have their Student ID card. If you have any extra bed spaces in your apartment, please note that at any time someone may be assigned to that space. Therefore, please choose apartments that have the same number of bed spaces as the number of people in your group. If you have a high lottery number, be prepared to quickly make a decision on who will leave your group in case there are no longer any apartments available that suit your group's needs. Rising Juniors and Seniors wishing to live in the same apartment as rising Sophomores will need to attend the Sophomore lottery night - Wednesday, March 26.
Floor Plans: Floor plans will be available on March 26 and March 27. We encourage you to view floor plans before the night of the lottery at http://www.wlu.edu/student-life/residential-life/upper-division-housing/woods-creek-apartments.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STUDENTS STUDYING ABROAD:
Send your security deposit of $150.00 to the Business Office - check payable to Washington and Lee University. Write "2014-2015 Security Deposit" in the memo.
- Choose a student on campus who will select your room for you on the lottery night.
- Follow the instructions above to obtain a lottery number. Forward your lottery number confirmation e-mail to the student who will select your room for you on the lottery night.
- Request a proxy form from Sarah Walker at email@example.com. Complete this form and send it to BOTH firstname.lastname@example.org and the student who will select your room for you on the lottery night.
- Make sure the student who will select your room on the lottery night knows to bring both your lottery number confirmation e-mail and proxy form to the housing lottery.
Any further questions about the Housing Lottery may be directed to your RA, RAFY, Amy Perkins or Sarah Walker. Please note that your lottery number will be void if you fail to pay a security deposit by the March 21, 2014 deadline or do not bring your Student ID card to the appropriate Housing Lottery night.