What to Bring
The items listed here are suggestions from our residential life staff. You should not view this list as inclusive of everything you should pack.
- Mattress pad (TWIN, EXTRA LONG). Actual Mattress Dimensions: 39" x 80" x 6"
- Sheets (TWIN, EXTRA LONG). Having trouble finding extra-long bedding to fit the mattresses in our halls? Residence Halls Linens can help! Click here!
- Over-the-door hooks
- Laundry hamper (If you choose to use the laundry service, they will provide a mesh bag.)
- Curtains and a tension rod (Each room has shades. The windows measure 48" wide by 64" high.)
- Formal clothes
- Storage containers
- Shower/toiletry basket or caddy
- Shower shoes
- Fan (floor, box, or tower)
- Alarm clock
- Small vacuum or dustbuster
- Umbrella, raincoat, and rain boots
- Trash can
- Sewing kit
- Iron and small ironing board
- Rug (The floors are COLD in the winter!)
- 3M Command strips and hooks (Here's a coupon!)
- Full-length mirror
- Lamps (floor and/or desk), preferably CFL or LED in order to conserve energy (The rooms have overhead, fluorescent lighting)
- Small tool kit
- Cleaning supplies
- Comfortable chair (small)
- Bed lifts to create more storage space under your bed
- Extension cords, power strips, computer cords, etc.
- Appropriate Lee Chapel attire (sport coat and khakis, dress with heels or dressy flats)
If you forget anything there is a Wal-Mart a few miles from campus. If you have a roommate or suitemates be sure to communicate about shared items: a rug, TV, DVD player, game console, Microfridge, etc.
WHAT NOT TO BRING
Alcohol and drugs are NOT allowed in any residence hall at any time, for any reason. Smoking is NOT allowed in or near any campus buildings.
For fire safety reasons, no candles, incense, cooking appliances, or halogen lamps are allowed. The one and only exception to cooking appliances is the Microfridge unit, which includes a microwave, refrigerator, and a freezer. Do not bring firearms, ammunition or weapons to campus.
We discourage First-Year students from bringing a vehicle to campus. The parking lot is a mile from the residence halls and very crowded. It's closer and faster to walk into town, and a shuttle runs to Wal-Mart and Kroger on weekends.