What Can I Do To Help?
Before you go out:
- Make a plan to stay with friends and stick with it.
- Ask your friends what they want out of the evening and support them in staying within those limits.
- Have a plan for getting home safely.
- Check in with your friends; make sure everyone is comfortable and safe.
- If you see something that troubles you, check-in with somebody (ie: ask the person directly if they need help or ask someone else to assist if you are not comfortable approaching the person yourself).
- Support a friend who discloses an assault; believe him/her and just listen.
- Refer your friend to the Counseling Center, the Student Health Center, or Project Horizon if s/he seems open to speaking to a professional.