How to Use
Spread labia apart and insert sheath and inner ring just past pubic bone to help anchor in place. Be careful to insert into straight path, not twisted. The outer ring and about one inch of open end should remain outside vagina to cover labia. If twisted then remove and reinsert. The female condom should be removed soon after intercourse. Outer ring should be twisted and compressed while removing to keep the semen inside.
For video on how to use the female condom and for additional info, click here
- Protects against STIs including HIV.
- Can be inserted up to 8 hours before intercourse.
- No prescription required.
- Relatively inexpensive and easy to access.
- Outside ring may go into the vagina during sex and must be removed immediately after intercourse.
With perfect use, 5% failure rate in 1st year. With typical use, 21% failure rate within 1st year.
Available at drugstores and supermarkets, usually for around $2.50 each. May also be available at a health clinic for free.