Obsession with exercise to compensate for food intake.
- Exercising to get rid of body fat, cellulite and pounds that goes beyond "healthy" exercising by taking over your life.
- Working out several times per day.
- Beginning to plan your day around this rigid exercise regime.
- Spending more time exercising than with friends.
- May include disordered eating.
Warning Signs of Over-exercising:
- Low body weight
- Tired and weak
- Frequent injuries and stress fractures
Health Consequences of Over-exercising:
- Stress fracture and osteoporosis
- Degenerative arthritis
- Amenorrea (loss of menstrual cycle) and reproductive problems
- Heart problems