Eleventh National Symposium of Theater in Academe
Eleventh National Symposium and Festival of Theater in Academe
Imagine Magic Madness
Washington and Lee University, Lexington, Virginia
October 18th-20th, 2012
The main themes of the Eleventh National Symposium and Festival of Theater in Academe will be madness, the imaginary and the game. Scholarly talks, as well as performance and workshop proposals are invited. The event proposes to gather theater scholars, teachers, and practitioners as well as theater activists in an open exchange of ideas and artistic expressions relevant to the main themes. Multimedia, interdisciplinary, experimental presentations are encouraged. If proposing a performance specify technical needs (space, sound, lights, etc.).
Other suggested topics:
1. Dangerous games: theater, sex and violence
2. The sanity of madness, the madness of sanity
3. Does the imaginary have a gender, race, sexual orientation?
4. Theater spaces as living spaces
5. Surrealism, post-modernism, post-apocalyptic
6. Theater, globalism and the earth
Send a 300 word abstract of your proposal to Professor Domnica Radulescu, Conference Founding Director, at both emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th. 2012.