University Collections of Art and History Advisory
University Collections of Art and History (UCAH) Advisory Committee is typically composed of the Director of UCAH, the Curators of Ceramics and UCAH, a faculty representative form the Department of Art and Art History, and other appropriate members designated by the Provost, which may include the Dean of The College or his designee, the Vice President for University Advancement or his designee, representatives from both Law and the Undergraduate Libraries, and other faculty representatives as required from relevant disciplines. Duties include:
- Assist with oversight of the mission and scope of collections
- Recommend policy and practice for collections development and collection management.
- Review objects proposed for acquisition and make recommendations regarding acceptance and disposition.
- Review all objects recommended for deaccession and formally recommend deaccessions to the Provost or President for final approval, as directed in the Collections Policy.
- Review proposed incoming and outgoing loans
- Advise on educational programming
- Advocate on behalf of UCAH as an academic resource within the university community.
Yolanda Merrill, Chair
Ex Officio Members:
Ronald Fuchs, Curator, Reeves Collection
Peter Grover, Director, University Collections of Art and History
Patricia Hobbs, Associate Director, University Collections of Art and History
Nancy McIntyre, Senior Director of Development (for The College)
Marcia France, Associate Dean of The College
Yolanda Merrill, Humanities Librarian
Caroline Osborne, Director of the Law Library
Members, alternating two-year appointments:
Christa Bowden, Art and Art History - 2013-2015
Elliott King, Art and Art History - 2013-2015
Andrea Lepage, Art and Art History - 2013-2015
Alston Coburn, University Library - 2014-2016
Barton Myers, History - 2014-2016
Shikha Silwal - 2014-2016