Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Boston University, Ph.D.
Boston College, M.A.
Boston College, B.A.
Meta-ethics, Theoretical and Applied Ethics, Epistemology & Metaphysics, Analytic Philosophy with an emphasis on Philosophy of Logic, Language, Science & Mind, Social and Political Philosophy, American Pragmatism, History of Philosophy
Ethics, Epistemology, Metaphysics, Analytic Philosophy
- The Tacit and the Ineffable: Frege and Wittgenstein on the Distinction between Language as a Calculus and Language as the Universal Medium, Dissertation, Boston University Library, 2005.
- Identities: Theoretical Considerations and Case Studies, Charles W. Lowney, ed., Institut für die Wissenschaften vom Menschen, Vienna, 1998.
Articles and Book Chapters
- "Ineffable, Tacit, Explicable, Explicit: Qualifying Knowledge in the Age of 'Intelligent' Machines",Tradition and Discovery, 38:1, 2011-12: 18-37.
- "Re-Thinking the Machine since Descartes: On the Irreducibility of Bodies, Minds and Meanings", Bulletin of Science Technology and Society, 31:3, June 2011: 179-192.
- "From Morality to Spirituality: Society, Religion and Transformation", Tradition and Discovery, 37:1, Fall 2010: 19-38.
- "Morality: Emergentist Ethics and Virtue For Itself", Tradition and Discovery, 36:3, Summer 2010: 52-65.
- "From Science to Morality:A Polanyian Perspective on the Letter and Spirit of the Law", Tradition and Discovery, 36:1, Fall 2009: 42-54.
- "Authenticity and the Reconciliation of Modernity", The Pluralist, 4:1, Spring 2009: 33-50.
- "Seeing, Saying and Being the Gestalt", Appraisal, Journal of the Society for Post-Critical and Personalist Studies, vol. 7:1, Spring, 2008: 21-38.
- "The Tacit in Frege", Polanyiana, 17:1-2, 2008: 19-37.
- "What I Learned the Day I Was Not a Philosopher", Practical Philosophy, 8:2, 2007: 18-21.
- "The Silence After Kant", Wittgenstein and the Future of Philosophy: A Reassessment after 50 Years, The Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society, 2001: 33-38.
- "Wittgenstein and Polanyi: Metaphysics Reconsidered", Tradition and Discovery, 26 (1999-2000): 19-27.
- "Metaphysics Reconsidered", in Metaphysics in the Post-Metaphysical Age, Uwe Meixner and Peter Simons, eds., The Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society, 1999: 385-391.
- "The Decline of the West: An Introduction to Epistemology", Identities: Theoretical Considerations and Case Studies, Lowney, C., ed., Institut für die Wissenschaften vom Menschen, Vienna, 1998: 1-60.
- "Dewey’s Criticisms of Traditional Philosophy", published on-line and recommended by the Philosophy Pages entry on John Dewey.
- "Wittgenstein and Dewey: On the Usefulness of Philosophy", The Role of Pragmatics in Contemporary Philosophy, Paul Weingartner, Gerhard Schirz and Georg Dorn, eds., The Austrian Ludwig Wittgenstein Society, 1997: 580-585