Bicycling in Rockbridge
Rockbridge County is a great place to ride because of the beautiful landscapes, scenic byways and low traffic volume on most roads. Here are some sources of information about bike routes in the area:
- The W&L Outing Club's Road Biking page with five rides
- The W&L Outing Club Guidebook lists more rides. Available at the University Store for $16.
- Central Shenandoah Planning District Commission (CSPDC) Regional Bike Map
- The CSPDC Biking Website
- Virginia Department of Transportation Statewide Bike Map
- Trails.com Map of Virginia Road Biking Rides
- One of the National Bike Routes - Bike Route 76 - runs through Rockbridge County
It follows Route 56 from the Blue Ridge Parkway west down to Route 11 and then proceeds south on Route 11 to Botetourt County
- Of course the Blue Ridge Parkway is a great bike route with slow traffic if not low grades
- The Lexington Visitors Center Bike Routes in Rockbridge List
- Lexington Bicycle Shop, 130 S. Main Street, Lexington is the only bike shop in the county.