Photography Filming and Photography Policy
Personal Photography Policy:
The Lee Chapel staff wants to insure you enjoy your visit to the Chapel and share the experience with your friends. In order to make it a pleasant experience for all our visitors and to protect the parts of our collection that are under copyright, the following policy must be observed.
- Personal Photography, defined as still photographs taken with a camera or cell phone camera, is allowed in the auditorium of the Chapel when permission is given by the guide or greeter on duty. Someone in the visitor's party must be included in the photograph.
- Personal photography of the Crypt on the lower level of the building is permitted when permission is given by the Museum Shop staff or the Manager.
- Personal photography of Lee's Office or the Lee Chapel Museum located on the lower level is prohibited.
- Personal videography is not permitted in the building.
- Personal photography by tour groups is discouraged in order to maintain traffic flow through the building.
Professional Photography Policy:
Application to photograph the Lee Chapel for use in events, publications, scholarly projects, and for tourism promotion must be made two weeks in advance of the project. Please see the Guidelines and Procedures for Professional Non-Wedding Photography, Recording or Filming of Lee Chapel for complete details. To request approval, please download the Permission Request Agreement (see link below) and return it to the Site Manager by scan, fax, or US Mail.
News Photographers must be approved by the Communications Office of the University before photographing an event. You may contact the Communications Office at 540.458.4000.
Thank you for abiding by the above policies which protect this historic site.