Printing and Scanning FAQPrint
What is the printing and scanning solution on campus?
The university licenses BizHub printer/copier/scanners for student, faculty, and staff use.
Where are the BizHub printers located?
There are publically available BizHubs located in the following buildings:
- Early Fielding
- Parmly Hall
- Elrod Commons
- Leyburn Library
- Science Library
- Gaines Hall
- Lewis Hall
How do I swipe to print a document?
1. If you are working at a lab computer, select one of the four following printers from the printing menu:
- BizHubs-BW-Duplex (for black and white printing on two sides)
- BizHubs-BW-Single (for black and white printing single-sided)
- BizHubs-Color-Duplex (for color printing on two sides)
- BizHubs-Color-Single (for color printing single-sided)
2. Go to any BizHub with a swipe device attached, swipe your University card, and release your print job.
How do I print via Web upload?
This is the quickest option for students, to use in printing from their personal computers.
- Access the PaperCut printing Web interface
- Use your University network username and password to log in.
- You may upload PDFs or Microsoft Office documents for printing.
- Choose an account you wish to charge to (personal or departmental).
- Select your printer.
How do I email a document to print?
- Using your Washington and Lee email attach the document(s) you want to print.
- In the TO: field of the email, type, "print".
- On your keyboard, press CTRL and K (Command and K on the Mac) at the same time
- Choose your print option-- PrintBWDuplex, PrintBWSingle, PrintColorDuplex, or PrintColorSingle
- Send the email
- If an account selection is required (you print for your work study job or club) you will receive an additional email with a link to choose an account for the job. If you don't respond in 10 minutes, your job is cancelled.
- Swipe your University card at a BizHub to release your print job
How do I use myVI to print?
- Log into myvi.wlu.edu
- Open the appropriate application (Word or PowerPoint, for instance) and select print - "BizHub" is selected by default. Print jobs will be black and white and duplex unless the printer preferences/properties are changed in the application at the time of printing.
How do I find additional help or support?
- Video tutorials are available on W&L's Atomic Learning site at http://go.wlu.edu/LEARN; log in, and click on the Custom Training tab. Look for the BizHub and Printing Tutorials.
- For all other questions and to arrange training for yourself or your department, contact the ITS Information Desk in Leyburn Library at (540) 458-4357 (HELP) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org