Office of General Counsel
Welcome to the website of the Office of General Counsel (OGC). This site is intended to inform the W&L community about various University policies and procedures, to provide information on topical legal issues that may affect University operations, and to answer frequently asked questions. We also have provided links to W&L resources and legal research sites that may be useful to the W&L community. While it is our goal that you find this website helpful, please note that nothing on this site is intended to constitute legal advice. For specific legal advice, please contact an OGC attorney.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the current University procedures for reporting sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence, stalking, and retaliation?
- What do I do if I receive a subpoena or other legal documents?
- Do I have the authority to sign a contract on behalf of W&L?
- Interim Sexual Harassment and Misconduct Policy
- Interim University Policy on Prohibited Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Other Than Sex
- Procedures for Complaints Against Non-Students
- Procedures for Complaints Against Students
- Quick Reference Guide for Washington and Lee Faculty and Staff: Reporting Sexual Harassment, Sexual Assault, Dating and Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Retaliation
- Faculty/Staff Foreign Travel Protocols and Resources
- Student Q&A on Internships (2014)
- Faculty Q&A on Undergraduate Student Internships (2014)
- Guidelines for Responding to Information Security Breaches
- A Few Important W&L Policies, Frequently Asked Questions, and Helpful Resources for Legal Issues (Faculty and Staff Resources 2013-2014)
- Contracts Process Checklist
Find it Fast
Visit our Answer Center for answers to frequently asked questions on the following topics:
- Attorney-Client Privilege
- Business and Tax Information
- Campus Security
- Copyright & Intellectual Property
- Harassment, Discrimination & Sexual Misconduct
- Incident/Accident Reporting
- Information Security
- Insurance Coverage
- International Visitors & Travel
- Outside Inquiries
- Political Activity
- Record Retention
- Service Marks, Names and Logos
- W&L Policies, FAQs and Helpful Resources for Legal Issues