Paul Gregory Associate Professor of Philosophy
Ph.D. Philosophy, University of Illinois at Chicago
M.A. Philosophy, University of Illinois at Chicago
B.A. Philosophy and English, Syracuse University
Philosophy of Mind, Language and Science, W. V. Quine, History of Analytic Philosophy, Epistemology, Metaphysics
Philosophy of Mind, Language, and Science, W. V. Quine, History of Analytic Philosophy, Epistemology, Metaphysics, Logic-through Gödel, Western Humanities
- Quine's Naturalism: Language, Theory, and the Knowing Subject (Continuum, 2008)
- Formal Logic. ≈300 pages. ≈380 exercises. An introductory and intermediate text in symbolic logic, covering truth-functional and quantificational logic, naïve set theory, first-order soundness and completeness. Used in my introductory and intermediate symbolic logic courses.
Articles and Book Chapter
- “Willard Van Orman Quine”, The Philosophy of Science: An Encyclopedia, eds. Sahotra Sarkar and Jessica Pfeifer (Routledge Press, 2006), pp. 659-669.
- “Putting the Bite Back into ‘Two Dogmas’”, Principia—an International Journal of Epistemology, 7 (2003), pp. 115-129.
- “‘Two Dogmas’—All Bark and No Bite? Carnap and Quine on Analyticity”, Philosophy and Phenomenological Research, 67 (2003), pp. 633–648.