Online Calendar Help
LOGGING INTO THE CAMPUS COMMUNICATIONS HUB CALENDAR
- Go to http://go.wlu.edu/CCH, or click on the "Calendar" link at the top any W&L web page and click on the "Events Calendar" link, found in the descriptive text in the center portion of the page, or from the blue navigation on the left.
- Once you've entered the Events Calendar section, choose "Login" from the blue navigation on the left.
- You will be sent to the Login page, where a large green button will be in the center. Members of the W&L community will click this button, and a dialog box will pop down from the top of your browser. Here you will enter your regular W&L username and password (You do not need to put AD/).
- Click Login.
GETTING TO KNOW THE ADMIN VIEW:
- Once you have logged in, you will see your left navigation has expanded to give you many more options, including "Submit an Event," as well as various filters to allow you to view all the events in either a daily, weekly or monthly view.
- To add a new event, you must first click on "Submit an Event."
- At the top of the page, you will see two calendars. Here you can set a start and end date for your event. If the event takes place on only one day, make sure both calendars have the same day. Your selected date(s) will show up in green.
- Select a Primary Calendar for your event. Your primary calendar enables your event to feed to your department's homepage, as well as determines which calendar managers have edit rights to this event. Therefore, if you a contributor to the Web Communications calendar and selected Web Communications, the event would show up on the Web Communications website and other web team members would be able to edit the event if necessary. Once you have chosen a primary calendar, you will have the option of selection additional calendar associations for your event, including general calendars like Arts and Culture, Holiday Events, Public Events and Student Organizations. Note: All events will display on the default (master) calendar view. Multiple calendars can be selected, based on your personal access and the appropriateness of the event.
- Next, select a Primary Type. The primary event you choose for your event will appear in parentheses after your event title in the daily or weekly calendar view. For instance, if you have a speaker coming to campus and choose Speaker as your primary event type, your event will appear as "Name: Title of Talk" (Speaker) and your event will turn up in a search for speakers on the online calendar.
- If you have a special event type that you have been used to using, such as the Registrar and "Adjusted Class Schedule," these event types require a 2-step process to access. First, you have to be sure that you choose the correct Primary Calendar, which will likely be the main calendar you most often post to. Then, you must choose the closest match from the list of general Primay Types. Once a Primary Type is select, the field will expand to display checkboxes of all the general and special event types available. Therefore, if you wish to add "Adjusted Class Schedule" as a special event type, you would have to first select "Academic" as your primary schedule, then something like "Special Event" for your Primary Type, and finally "Adjusted Class Schedule" as an additional type.
- Fill in a Title for your event. Try to make it short, but descriptive enough that people will know what it is and wnat to come! In the case of speakers, we recommend formatting them as follows: Speaker Name: "Talk Title"
- Fill in an event description. HTML is not allowed, and while this may make some superusers a little disappointed, it makes our system much more stable. The only formatting available is line breaks, separating your paragraphs into logical blocks of information.
- Select a Start Time (and End Time if applicable) from the drop down box provided.
- Select the audience(s) for your event. This will allow your event to display on the audience dashboard pages for the audience you select (Current Students, Faculty/Staff, Alumni, Prospective Students, Parents and Visitors). We don't guarantee placement on these pages, but by selecting them, they become eligible for display and more importantly, are filterable on the larger calendar view.
- If the event is a closed event that requires tickets, permission or advanced registration, check the box (but be sure to explain how/where one might go to gain access in the description).
- Select a Campus Venue location for your event from the drop-down list, or indicate an alternate venue by selecting "Other Venue" from the drop down, then filling in the box that appears underneath.
- For Contact Information, you can either leave the default selection (yourself), or choose from the entire list of employees or students, as well as a field marked other. Simply select your choice, and choose from the drop-down menu with the appropriate person.
- If your event has a unique URL, such as http://mockconvention.com, you can enter it in the field provided. Be sure to add the http:// before your URL.
- When you check the box to nominate your event as featured, it is forwarded to the news office for special placement on the appropriate audience dashboard as well as the W&L homepage. We don't guarantee placement on these pages, and give preference to those events with the broadest appeal (generally multiple audiences.) Note that these events must appeal to a broad audience and are generally open to the entire University community and/or the public at large.
- When you create an event in the new CCH, you have the option to create a corresponding campus notice at the same time. If you don't wish to do so, click "save to calendar only." If you do wish to create a notice, keep in mind that your event will automatically appear in the Upcoming and Today sections (right sidebar) of Campus Notices beginning a week prior to the event date. Events that are classified with a primary type of "Deadline" will begin to appear in the Upcoming Deadlines listing 30 days prior to the deadline.
- If you choose "Save to Calendar and Create Campus Notices," you will be directed to a page where you can choose your audicence for the Campus Notice. Select the appropriate audience and proceed.
- You can then edit the subject & body copy of your notice, as well as select the first and second days that your notice will run. The selected days will be highlighted in green.
- Click "Post this Notice" and you are done!
The Campus Communications Hub (CCH) also allows you to edit and delete events that you manage.
- Log in to the CCH and locate the event you wish to edit on the calendar. You can achieve this by either selecting the day on the calendar where the event resides, or (if you entered the event earlier) clicking on the "My Events" link in the left navigation."My Events" also allows you to view events created by other members of your editing group(s) using the drop-down list at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Edit button (page with yellow pencil icon) This will open up the edit screen.
- Make the necessary changes to the event.
- Click “Update Event”
Note that you may only edit events that you or another member of your editing group created. If you wish to make changes to an event on the calendar but do not see the edit icon, view the event and locate its contact person. E-mail that contact person with your changes.
Occasionally you may have need to delete a calendar event (duplicate events appearing on the live calendar, etc.)
- Log in to the CCH and locate the event you wish to delete. You can achieve this by either selecting the day on the calendar where the event resides, or (if you entered the event earlier) clicking on the "My Events" link in the left navigation.
- Click the Delete button (the little trashcan).
- You will be asked if you are sure you want to delete the event. Click “OK."
- If you had originally associated a campus notice with your event when it was entered, these notices will also be immediately deleted.
If you wish to delete an event on the calendar but do not see the delete button next to it, open the event in the calendar and locate the contact person listed on the event detail page. E-mail that contact person and ask them to delete it.
ADDING AN EVENT TO YOUR CALENDAR:
You may find that an event you wish to list on your department's Web site has already been created in the calendar. Instead of duplicating the event, simply use the calendar button (see above) to add the event to your calendar feed.
- Log in to the CCH and locate the event you wish to add to your feed.
- Click the calendar button.
- Select the calendar associations that you wish to add to the event for your department's display purposes.
- Click "Update Event Calendars" and refresh your department's homepage to make sure the event is appearing on your department's calendar.
Note that depending on how many events your department site is set to display (usually 3-5 at a time), the event may not appear until other department events have passed and filtered off your calendar.