Lexington is approximately one hour's drive from the nearest airport located in Roanoke (ROA). Charlottesville (CHO) is one hour and 15 minutes away. Richmond (RIC) is two hours' drive. Dulles (IAD) is approximately 3.5 hours to the north, just outside Washington, D.C. Please see our Transportation Services page to arrange shuttle service to Lexington from the airport.
Maps, Directions and Sources of Transportation
Lexington is located at the intersection of Interstates 81 and 64 in southwest Virginia. Washington and Lee is less than two miles from the interstate.
- If you are traveling from the north, south, or east, follow I-81 to exit 191 (which puts you onto I-64). Next, take exit 55 off I-64. Turn left onto Route 11 south at the stop sign.
- If you are traveling from the west, take I-64 to exit 55. Turn right on Route 11 south at the stop sign.
- Once you are on Route 11 south, you will drive through three stoplights. After the third stoplight, you will cross the Maury River, and bear right onto Route 11 Business. You will pass Virginia Military Institute. After you pass VMI, you will see W&L on your right.
- Parking is available in the Lee Chapel lot on Jefferson Street. Remain in the right lane and look for the brick entrance to the parking lot.
- Additional parking can be found on the first floor of the Nelson St. garage. To enter: continue on Jefferson St./Route 11 Business to Nelson St., turn right, and look for the parking deck entrance on East Denny Circle.
Driving Directions to the School of Law
Visit the School of Law's website for detailed directions to Sidney Lewis Hall.